What It Takes To Get Rid Of A Cockroach Infestation In Your Wilmington Home
Cockroach infestations are trouble. They are hard to get rid of, and they can make you sick, which is why it's so important that you contact professional pest control in Wilmington if you have a cockroach problem. Here at Jay Taylor Exterminating, we have answers to some common questions about cockroach infestations, and how you can get rid of them for good.
Clear Signs You Have A Cockroach Problem
A cockroach infestation can be hard to detect. However, if you’re seeing several cockroaches or their droppings on a daily basis, it’s likely that you need to take action. Here are some signs of cockroaches in your home:
- You see one or two cockroaches in your house each day.
- You notice droppings on the floor, countertops, and elsewhere throughout the house.
- You see dead roaches in your house.
- You see shed skins (cockroach exoskeleton).
- You see cockroaches in the basement or attic.
- You notice that more than one person in your household is experiencing symptoms of asthma or other respiratory problems.
If you notice one or more of these signs, it’s time to take action. Jay Taylor Exterminating provides reliable cockroach control to eliminate the danger that cockroaches can bring.
Why It's Dangerous To Have Roaches In Your Home
You may not realize it, but roaches in your home can spread disease, contaminate food, cause allergies, and damage your home. They can carry bacteria and viruses that can make you sick, such as salmonella and E. coli, so it's important to eliminate them as soon as possible. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), cockroaches are also one of the most common allergens in homes across America.
Roaches are also attracted to garbage cans, pet food, and other sources of food that they can eat, which means they'll be coming into contact with your food supplies. This also increases the chances that they'll spread bacteria or viruses onto your food.
Roaches can also damage appliances and furniture in your home if they're not dealt with quickly enough. They leave behind fecal matter and other debris which can cause damage to paint, wood trim, and more if left unattended for too long.
The Best Way To Completely Get Rid Of Roaches In Your Home
Everyone wants to know how to get rid of cockroaches for good. The best way to completely get rid of them in your home is to combine professional corrective treatments and preventive measures.
To prevent a cockroach problem, the first thing you need to do is eliminate the food source and make sure that all food preparation areas are clean. Then, make sure there are no available water sources around. Finally, keep your home clean and dry by mopping floors often and keeping windows shut during rainy seasons.
If prevention hasn't proven effective enough and you have an existing cockroach infestation, it's time to call in the pros. Jay Taylor Exterminating can get to the root of your cockroach problem and eliminate it for good.
Five Tips To Prevent Future Roach Problems In Your Home
Here are some tips on how to keep cockroaches away from your Wilmington home:
- Keep food in sealed containers.
- Take out the trash regularly.
- Seal cracks and holes around the house, especially around windows, doors, and pipes.
- Check pipes and drains often for any signs of water leaks or other damage that could make your home more attractive to roaches than it already is.
- If you have an infestation or suspect that one is on its way, contact a pest control professional immediately; don’t wait until there are thousands of cockroaches running around your kitchen.
If you’re looking for a company that can help you with roach control, Jay Taylor Exterminating is here for all your home pest control needs, so don’t hesitate to give us a call today.