Why Are Mice Infestations In Ocean Isle Beach So Hard To Get Rid Of?
Mice might be rather cute to look at, but you probably won’t think they are adorable if they get inside your home. While mice are sometimes kept as pets, the wild populations can be significant pest problems for homeowners. Mice in Ocean Isle Beach
are more than just nuisance pests, too, as they can damage property and put your health at risk. This guide is here with mouse control tips to prevent mice and keep them from causing problems.
Signs Of Mice In Your Ocean Isle Beach Home
While you likely know what a mouse looks like, the truth is that you probably won’t see a mouse around at first. Even if they’ve started to invade your property, mice are hard to notice initially. They are nocturnal and sneaky, and they are pretty small as they can fit through holes the size of a dime. This is why it’s essential to know other signs of mice, as you might pick up on these first.
Here are the main signs of mice to look out for:
- Bite and chew marks around the property or personal belongings
- Scurrying or squeaking noises in the walls
- Rod-shaped droppings that are a dark brown color
Can Mice In Your Ocean Isle Beach House Make You Sick?
The main reason you don’t want to have mice around your home is that they can pose health risks. Mice can carry and spread many different illnesses, including salmonella, rat-bite fever, and hantavirus. While not all infestations will lead to illness, it’s important to try to keep yourself and your family members safe and to err on the side of caution.
This is why you need to get effective mouse control.
The Safest Way To Get Rid Of Mice In Your Ocean Isle Beach Home
Instead of trying to control and remove mice infestations on your own, contact the pest control pros at Jay Taylor Exterminating
. Mice reproduce quickly, and they can quickly spread throughout your entire property. They can also be difficult to eradicate because they're so small and able to squeeze through so many difficult-to-reach areas. While you might use products like baits and traps, these will only get rid of some of the mice, not all of them.
So, instead of handling these dangerous pests on your own, contact our team today to get high-quality rodent control
Natural Mouse Prevention Tips For Ocean Isle Beach Homes
While the best way to prevent mice is to get pest control help, you can also deter mice on your own by removing the factors that attract them, such as:
- Storing pet food in airtight containers.
- Repair leaky pipes and faucets to reduce humidity. You can also use dehumidifiers in, particularly humid rooms.
- Cleaning up around the kitchen daily. This includes doing dirty dishes, wiping up food and drink spills, and regularly cleaning up the floor by sweeping and mopping.
- Keeping mice from getting inside by covering vents with wire mesh and repairing holes in the walls and foundation with steel wool.