Tips For Properly Dealing With A Bed Bug Infestation In Wilmington
Wilmington, NC, is a vibrant city with plenty of things to see and do. Unfortunately, it's also home to many bed bug infestations. If you're living in Wilmington, NC, it's important to know how to deal with bed bugs if you ever encounter them in your home. Jay Taylor Exterminating will discuss the life cycle of bed bugs, bed bug control techniques for your home, and how to prevent them from coming back with pest control in Wilmington, NC.
The Lifecycle Of The Wilmington, NC, Bed Bug
The bed bug has a three-stage life cycle: egg, nymph, and adult. The entire life cycle is completed in as little as two months if conditions are ideal (e.g., warm temperatures and plenty of blood meals).
Females need to mate with males in order to lay eggs and continue the cycle. They will lay around three eggs per day and can live for up to 18 months. Nymphs (juvenile bed bugs) go through five molts before reaching adulthood. They must feed on blood at each stage of their development to survive.
Adult bed bugs will eventually die if they don't feed. But they can live for several months without a blood meal, which means they can remain a threat even if you haven't seen them in a while. If you suspect you have bed bugs, it's essential to call for local pest control for bed bugs right away.
How Can I Tell If I Have A Bed Bug Infestation?
One of the most common signs of a bed bug infestation is bites on the skin. Bed bugs are attracted to the carbon dioxide we exhale and the warmth of our bodies. They will bite people who are sleeping to get a blood meal.
Other signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- Rusty or reddish stains on sheets or pillowcases (this is bed bug feces)
- Dark spots on mattresses or furniture (this is bed bug blood)
- Bed bugs themselves, which are small (about the size of an apple seed), brownish, and flat
Call the professionals in bed bug pest control in Wilmington, NC, at Jay Taylor Exterminating if you notice any of these signs in your home. The sooner you get rid of bed bugs, the better.
Five Tips For Bed Bug Prevention
Here are some practical bed bug control tips for your home to keep these biting pests away:
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Bed bugs like to hide in cluttered areas, so the less clutter you have, the less likely they are to infest your home.
- Inspect secondhand furniture and clothing before bringing them into your home. Bed bugs can hitch a ride on these items and quickly spread throughout your home.
- Vacuum regularly and empty the vacuum bag after each use. This will help to remove any bed bugs or eggs that may be in your home.
- Wash your bedding (sheets, pillowcases, blankets) in hot water and dry on high heat. This will kill any bed bugs or eggs hiding in your bedding.
- Seal cracks and crevices in your home to prevent bed bugs from getting inside.
If you follow these tips, you can help to prevent a bed bug infestation in your home. However, if bed bugs find their way into your home, Jay Taylor Exterminating can help. Getting rid of bed bugs on your own can be difficult and is rarely a success; it takes professional pest control to kill bed bugs for good.
How To Keep Bed Bugs Away From Your Home
Dealing with bed bugs can be a nightmare, but it doesn't have to be. If you suspect you have bed bugs, call Jay Taylor Exterminating. We've been solving tough pest problems for over 80 years, and we are your go-to for bed bug control services in Wilmington, NC.
Our unique treatment is safe and highly effective, and our team of experienced professionals will work quickly to eliminate your bed bug problem. We guarantee our treatment for one year, so you can rest assured that your home will be bed bug-free. Call us today to learn more and receive a free quote.